The blogging community is like a mini world of its own. What everyone has in common is that we want to share what we know with others. There’s so many creators that I’ve got the chance to interact with and hope to meet in the near future! A blogger named Anna from Anna Xiu blog was generous enough to nominate me as a blogger whom she wished to introduce to others. She asked me to do the same under the Mystery Blogger Award started by Okoto.
So thank you Anna for this opportunity.
To start off, for those who don’t know me well or at all here’s 3 things about me…
- Although I like trends, I prefer not to follow them a ton and instead choose certain ones I like then put my own twist on the outift, thrift shop or stick to my own style
- I have never been a party person like a huge majority of the people my age. That isn’t to say I don’t go out & have fun or to bash what others do, but parties where drinking is the main activity aren’t my scene.
- I used to live on a farm and as a kid learned what hard work looks like, also love horses!
In her blog post Anna asked five questions for me to answer so here goes…
- Tell us in one sentence- what is your blog about?
- It’s my online notebook to share thoughts and ideas with others
2. If you were a fruit, what fruit would you be?
- Umm, hmm, a lemon? I can be tough skinned, but also soft. In different circumstances I can act differently and adapt to my surroundings. Just like a lemon where it can be sour alone, but with different ingredients or meals it adds something extra to the taste.
3. Describe your ideal world!
- This is hard to simply answer but the main thing would be for the majority of the population to have a drive to work hard and wish to strive for success on a daily basis
4. What would you say are the most important qualities of being a good blogger?
- Showing compassion & thoughtfulness for people who take the time to read & participate in your content
- Producing unique content
- Produce content that your passionate about but at the same time contributes value to readers
5. Be it positively or negatively, how has blogging affected your life?
- Given me a platform to create personal projects that are more than words on paper
- It’s been a fabulous opportunity to meet so many super lovely and like minded people
- Made me aware of new ideas, kept me in the loop on the latest buzz & fashion
- Introduced me to an insider community of local people I might’ve not otherwise have met or known about
Below are 15 bloggers who I’ve gratefully had the chance to interact with and be apart of their blogging journey. All these ladies (in no particular order) are extremely sweet and honestly produce such great content.
International blogging friends
Local bloggers (um, how cool?!)
Megan (founder) http://www.iamprojectyou.com
Ruby (check out her YouTube channel!) https://m.youtube.com/user/RubyGillett
And of course my Aunt who continuously helps me with blogging http://hyggehouse.com
There’s so many more, but those are just a handful (okay, more like two handfuls!).
I’d like to ask the nominees five questions that I hope they’d be willing to answer.
- What does the word imagination mean to you?
- Do you prefer pictures in a photo album or on a device?
- Are you more introverted or extroverted?
- Why do you want to be successful?
- Do you love your work?
I also wanted to share with you some of my current favourite posts if you haven’t already checked them out!
Since autumn is here it might be the time of year for closets to become readjusted. Awhile ago I published a post all about organizing closets called
If you are curious about turning of age and want some insight, you can check out my 19th birthday post called
I’ve started a series called MAT trip (the initials of everyone involved!) where I write about each day of our trip last year to LA and hopefully give some ideas to those travelling there in the future. Check out the first and second days here…
Nominees, I hope you’ll take the time to do up a blog post so we can all get to know you better, and to nominate others too, so we can meet more people here! Simply follow these guidelines:
- Thank whoever nominated you and link their blog
- Tell readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer the questions the blogger gave to you
- Nominate 10-20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask nominees 5 questions of your choice
- Share links to your best post(s)
Hope everyone had a great weekend and is enthusiastic to start this week off with intent. I’m going to dedicate a section to this blog for weekly motivation/random thoughts posts. These will be short. Lately, I’ve been putting them in my Insta caption on my personal, but I’d love to share them with you guys as well.
Sending love around the world,